A return to honoring excellence in China’s finance sector face-to-face.
The annual Global Finance Stars of China awards ceremony took place on November 28 at the Pan Pacific Beijing Hotel in Beijing. The gathering marked a return to in-person awards events after a few years of virtual ceremonies due the pandemic, with Global Finance Founder and Editorial Director Joseph D. Giarraputo appeared via video feed from New York. The event recognises the 2023 Stars of China, financial institutions that excelled in innovation, product development and service for corporate and retail clients. The awards ceremony took place in tandem with the China Global Trends Conference, where the magazine’s EMEA Managing Director Richard Scholtz delivered remarks in person to a crowd of China’s leading-edge corporate and financial executives.
1. Tan Zhihui, Senior Manager Personal Digital Banking Department at Bank of China Private Banking collecting the Best Private Bank for Entrepreneurs 2023.
2. Cassie Zhou, Deputy Head of Information Release Division, Information Management Department, ICBC receiving the 2023 Best Corporate Bank Award.
3. China Construction Bank’s Zhang JianHui, Public Relations Department Deputy Senior Manager accepting the 2023 best Bank for Corporate Social Responsibility.
4. Leo Shen, General Manager of China Zheshang Bank accepting the 2023 Most Innovative Bank award.
5. Yu Jin, head of General Administration Division, Global Finance Department, ICBC, receiving the Best Domestic Bank for Belt and Road for 2023 award.
6. Daming Cheng, Managing Director, Business Development Committee, Investment Banking Department at CICC collecting the 2023 Best Bank for Green Bonds and Best SME Services Bank awards.
7. Tracy Yu, Deputy General Manager, Transaction Banking Department, China Merchants Bank receiving the Best Bank for Transaction Services 2023
8. Postal Savings Bank’s Zhao Xiaodan, Deputy General Manager, Personal Banking Department accepting the Best Consumer Bank for 2023 award.
9. Meng Meng, Assistant to the General Manager of the Financial Institutions Department, Sino-Russia and Cross-border Finance Department for Harbin Bank collecting the 2023 Best Domestic Bank for Renminbi Internationalization award.
10. Private Banking Department Senior Manager, Family Wealth Management Division, Xu Meng of Bank of Communications receiving the Most Innovative Private Bank for 2023 award.
11. ICBC’s Jing Wu, Deputy Head of Mergers and Acquisition Division, Investment Banking Department collecting the 2023 Best Bank for M&A award.
12. Yu Yang, Transaction Banking Department Senior Supervisor at China Guangfa Bank, accepting the Most Advanced Trading Technology.